The church of Panagia Vrefotropos is located in the area of Agios Nikolaos. It is a small temple with elongated dimensions due to various extensions that have taken place over time.
In the center of the town of Agios Nikolaos, at the site where the fortress of Mirabello was once located, there is the church of Panagia Vrefrotrofos. Its construction dates back to the 12th century, while the frescoes that decorate it date back to the 13th-14th century.
There is a 1600 inscription in the church, which states that it belonged to the chieftain of the wider region.